Who is Girlguiding?
Girlguiding is the leading charity for girls and young women in the UK. We build girls’ confidence and raise their aspirations.We give them the chance to discover their full potential and encourage them to be a powerful force for good. We give them a space to have fun.
Who supplies Girlguiding merchandise?
Girlguiding owns a limited company called Girlguiding Trading , which:
• provide resources, clothing and equipment for members of Girlguiding
• produce and ensure easy access to guiding gifts and products
• generate a surplus (‘profit’) to support Girlguiding’s Statement of Purpose – to enable girls and young women to develop their full potential and make a difference to the world
• provide a source of information to leaders, parents/guardians and girls and young women.
Girlguiding Trading is based in Altrincham, Cheshire and features a modern warehouse operation to fulfil orders.
To ensure 100% of profits stay in guiding, buy your guiding essentials directly from our Online Shop, national or local shops or through our catalogue to give back to girls.
As well as sourcing and distributing clothing and gifts, Girlguiding Trading is also a multi-channel retailer, where you can buy on our Online Shop, through volunteer shops, by calling us or mail order when using the Guiding Essentials catalogue. Find out more about ordering directly from us.
You can also buy our products through other means, but unlike buying directly from us profits of these sales don’t come directly back to guiding:
- We license David Luke to produce guiding wear that is sold through high-street shops. You can identify these products by the ‘David Luke’ label. We receive a royalty for licensed products.
- There are various other external channels and sellers of Girlguiding products, uniform and resources, but there is also no guarantee you’ll get the same quality of product as you do when buying direct from us.
How do I order Girlguiding uniform, resources and products?
The main ways to order your official Girlguiding uniform, products and resources are:
- By ordering online on Girlguiding Online Shop
- By visiting your local volunteer shops.
- By calling 0161 941 2237
- By mail order via the Guiding Essentials catalogues
How can I find out what products are available?
You can view products available to purchase:
- By visiting our Online Shop
- By visiting your local volunteer shop
- By referring to the Guiding Essentials catalogue (sent out annually to parents and members).
What are volunteer shops?
Volunteer shops are local shops run by volunteers selling Girlguiding products. They are based in your local area and directly supporting guiding so you can shop easily and directly.
They also provide an invaluable source of information, including advice about Girlguiding and products. Plus they mean you can view products physically and they can have exclusivity for some of our limited edition badges.
Interested in running a volunteer shop?
For more information about setting up a local shop, please call Girlguiding Trading on 0161 941 2237, email us at email@example.com or order our free resource Setting Up and Running a Volunteer Shop (order code 6932).