Thank you for visiting our website. Please read these terms and conditions of use before using this site which is operated by Girlguiding Trading Service ('we' or 'us').
We operate this site for the purpose of advertising our products and services to customers and potential customers. By using this site, you signify your acceptance of these terms and conditions in return for which we will provide you with access.
From time to time we may modify the terms and conditions so please continue to review the conditions of use whenever accessing or using this site. If at any time you do not wish to accept these terms and conditions then you may not use this site.
Please note that:
- Using this website indicates that you accept these terms and conditions which take effect on your use of the website. If you do not accept these terms and conditions please do not use the website for purchasing products.
- We agree to supply products to you through this website and you agree to accept the products available through this website subject to the terms and conditions set out below. We may make various changes to the terms and conditions set out below (and without notice to you) by updating postings on this part of the website. Your continued use of this website after such changes have been made shall be deemed to constitute your binding acceptance of such changes.
- This site and all materials, names, logos and related products are protected by copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights that are owned by or licensed to us or otherwise included with the permission of the relevant owner.
- We are happy for you to browse this website and download and/or print anything that may interest you. However, your access to this website and the information/material contained on it does not give you a licence (or any other right) to reproduce, print or distribute or otherwise use such information or material for your own personal use.
- The supplier of goods purchased pursuant to these terms and conditions is: The Guide Association Trading Service Limited. Registered office: 17-19, Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 0PT. Registered in England. (Company registration number: 4301686, VAT number: GB 788445472). The Guide Association Trading Service Ltd operates trading as:
Telephone: 0161 941 2237
Fax: 0161 941 6326
Making a purchase
All prices quoted on the website are inclusive of VAT. All prices including postage and packing may be subject to change as a result of increase in direct costs or VAT rates.
- Prices quoted by Girlguiding Trading Service are strictly net. All payments for products made through this website will be procured through a secure browser. All authority for payments must be made/given at the time of confirming the relevant order. Payments can be made by authorised credit or debit card (we accept all major credit and debit cards except for American Express, Diners Club and Maestro International). No payment shall be deemed to have been received by us until funds are cleared. All orders are subject to your credit/debit card being approved.
- Please ensure that the expiry date of your credit/debit card is at least 28 days after the agreed or anticipated dispatch date or your confirmed order. As payment is taken just prior to the point of dispatch, if your credit/debit card has expired, we will be unable to take payment to fulfil your order. You agree to indemnify us in full against all administration charges, costs and expenses incurred by us in obtaining payment(s) from you in the event of a failed payment.
Postage and packing
There is a standard charge of £3.95 (inc 20% VAT) as a contribution towards postage and packing per UK home or BFPO delivery address for all orders. For Channel Islands addresses the charge is £4.50.
Other overseas deliveries will be charged on an individual basis according to weight, size and country (minimum cost of £4.50). Prices for orders up to 10kg will display on site at checkout. For heavier orders a postage price will be emailed for your approval. Please note if you order goods from our site for delivery outside the UK, they may be subject to import duties and taxes which could be levied when the order reaches the delivery address. You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes.
Goods will, in the absence of specified notification and/or at your request, normally be dispatched within four working days. Please allow up to a further three days for delivery. At peak times of the year, such as September and October (start of the new school year), delivery may take a little longer.
If for any reason you are unhappy with the goods you have ordered, you can return them to us for an exchange or refund at any time during the period of 14 days beginning with the day on which you receive the goods, provided you have told us within a reasonable time of receipt of the goods that you want to return them.
You can notify us that you want to return the goods by:
Fax: 0161 941 6326
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
Post: ‘Returns’, Girlguiding Trading Service Ltd, Atlantic Street, Broadheath Altrincham, Cheshire WA14 5EQ
You must then return the goods to us as far as practicable in their original condition and packaging.
Your right to cancel your order does not apply to the following unless they are faulty.
Goods made to your specification or which are personalised for you.
Audio or video recordings which have been unsealed by you.
Newspapers, periodicals or magazines.
You are responsible for the cost of returning any goods to us for exchange or refund, except in cases of faulty, damaged or wrongly supplied goods. If your product has unfortunately arrived smashed, please don't try to return it - just contact us to discuss what to do next.
We recommend you obtain a certificate of postage when you return the goods.